Our Year 6 residential trip to Hautbois Activity Centre in Norwich offers the children and opportunity to expand their educational horizons and further develop characteristics of resilience, independence, camaraderie and self-confidence.
Below you will find a daily blog of their experience at Hautbois.
- 2023 Year 6 Residential: Birthdays & BushcraftMrs Coombs’ Blog We finished our last night in camp offering the Dawn chorus a showdown! How much noise can 34 year 6 pupils make singing around the campfire? The… Read more: 2023 Year 6 Residential: Birthdays & Bushcraft
- 2023 Year 6 Residential: At one with NatureMrs Coombs’ Blog: It was an early alarm this morning, courtesy of the campsite cockerel, who crowed at 3.20am! The birds promptly leapt into action with a fabulous dawn chorus… Read more: 2023 Year 6 Residential: At one with Nature
- 2023 Year 6 Residential: High in the treesHeadmaster’s Blog: Last night saw a feast of barbecue chicken with wedges, peas and corn followed by a brownie with plenty of cream. Thoroughly recharged, the children were ready for… Read more: 2023 Year 6 Residential: High in the trees
- 2023 Year 6 Residential: Headed for HautboisHaving narrowly avoided packing Mr Burrett into the luggage compartment, our Year 6s were waved on their way by our Nursery children. After a painless (yes really) four hour journey,… Read more: 2023 Year 6 Residential: Headed for Hautbois
- It’s Goodbye to HautboisGood day readers. When you left us last we were getting ready for an afternoon of bridge building and abseiling and what an afternoon it was! Bridge building was great… Read more: It’s Goodbye to Hautbois
- Handing over of the guardBlog 4 Wednesday saw a handing over of the guard as our intrepid Headmaster made his way north for the annual ISA Heads’ Conference, Mr Andrews headed up to Hautbois… Read more: Handing over of the guard
- Hautbois Activity CentreTuesday am: Mr Groves’ Blog I was woken early in the morning to the dawn chorus of singing birds and little feet pattering off for the early morning ablutions. After… Read more: Hautbois Activity Centre
- An early startTuesday am with Mr Groves I was woken early in the morning to the dawn chorus of singing birds and little feet pattering off for the early morning ablutions. After… Read more: An early start
- Hautbois Activity CentreMonday May 9: Blog 1 So it begins….. Year 6 have arrived safe and happy at the Hautbois activity centre and have settled into their cosy Shepherd huts in the… Read more: Hautbois Activity Centre